Saturday, October 6, 2012

oh no!

Have you ever had one of those "Oh no!" days? To understand what this is, go to http://www.bluemountain.com . Click on "funny" go to page 3, and click on "Scrappy, The Birthday Puppy."


It's not that the graphics are all that spectacular, nor is the story so special. It's the narration I love. Oh no! Oh no!! Oh no!!! It brings a smile to my face every time I watch it...and I watch it whenever I need a good chuckle. Like on Thursday, when my "Oh no!" day started with the discovery that my kitchen mouse is back--the one that invited his entire death-defying extended family to hunker down in the cupboard under the kitchen sink all winter last year. Oh no!


The Ringleader

Next, I discovered a leak in a pipe under the bathroom sink that had inundated everything I had stored there. Oh no!!

http://services.oodle.com
Well, maybe not that bad...

Still, it was a gorgeous fall day, so I decided to take a walk. But before I could say, "Bad dog!" I stepped in you-know-what, compliments of you-know who.




Oh no!!!

I couldn't figure out why I was so tired by the end of the day. I had to remind myself that, in addition to cleaning up three stinky messes, I had managed to throw in three loads of laundry. I'd done the grocery shopping for the week. I'd weeded, edged and tanbarked along two sides of the house. And prepared supper...


...after which I realized that I hadn't written a single word all day long.

www.squidoo.com
 
OH NO!!!!


*
"We are traditionally rather proud of ourselves
for having slipped creative work
 in there between domestic chores and obligations.
I'm not sure we deserve such big A-pluses for that."
--Toni Morrison--
*
This week I submitted a chapter to the editor of an upcoming anthology on empowerment for women. By next week I should know how it was received. Wish me luck... 
jan






3 comments:

  1. Luck, luck, luck to you. I had an 'oh, no' day too and didn't get much writing done. About five hundred words but the night is not over yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Susan. I'm going to start in fresh in the AM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck...tons of it.....you'll do fine.

    ReplyDelete